Becoming a mother is one of life’s most rewarding experiences. However, pregnancy and breastfeeding can take a toll on a woman’s body. Our Mommy Makeover procedure is a fully customisable combination of surgeries and nonsurgical procedures that can address your unique concerns about your post-baby body, and help you reclaim your pre-baby figure.
Your Mommy Makeover is customised for you, allowing you to choose any procedure that Dr. med. Strouthou offers. However, the most common surgeries in a Mommy Makeover include:
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) or Mini Tummy Tuck to remove abdominal fat and loose skin.
- Liposuction to remove stubborn pockets of fat almost anywhere on the body.
- Brazilian Butt Lift to add lift and roundness to the buttocks.
- Breast Lift to make the breasts perky again.
- Breast Lift with Implants to make the breasts larger, as well as perky.
- Breast Reduction to decrease the size of heavy breasts.
As with any surgery, there are potential risks and complications to be aware of the most common risks are numbness, bruising and swelling. There are also some more uncommon complications which include infection, hematoma, seroma, skin necrosis and thickened scars. General Anaesthesia carries its own risks for example, cardiac/respiratory issues and DVT.
Once the healing process is complete it is important to maintain a healthy weight through a stable diet and exercise plan to maintain the result.
The amount of recovery time required after your Mommy Makeover will also depend on your individualised treatment. Dr. med. Strouthou will discuss the recovery process with you in detail before your procedure to ensure that you know what to expect. In general, you should plan on taking it easy for at least two weeks. Patients can normally return to their normal daily activities within two weeks, but more strenuous activities and exercise will need to wait until you’ve fully healed.